Here is the list of races in the 2022 Hill Grand Prix series.
The list is provisional at this time until we receive confirmation that the events listed are proceeding and full information is available.
CARNEGIE HARRIERS HILL RUNNING GRAND PRIX RULES – 2022
- The Hill Running Grand Prix will be open to all members, regardless of ability.
- The Hill Running Grand Prix will be held over a calendar year (i.e. 1st January to 31st December).
- The Hill Running Grand Prix will comprise a range of distances and standards of competition and a balance of local and national events. Due consideration and recognition will be given to national event series where appropriate e.g. Scottish Hill Running Championship.
- The events to be included in the Hill Running Grand Prix Series will be decided by the Committee with guidance from the Hill Running Captain.
- The 2022 Hill Running Grand Prix will consist a total of 15 events, with the best eight scoring events to count. For members under 60, one must be a medium race and another a long race or medium race of at least 9 miles. For members aged 60 or over, a minimum of two medium races is required. In the event of any race not proceeding, a suitable alternative will be substituted.
- Points will be awarded on the basis on which members finish in an event, by gender but irrespective of age, as follows: 50 points for 1st home, 49 for 2nd, 48 for 3rd with all competitors scoring at least 1 point for completing an event. The order of finishers will be as they appear in the official race results.
- Points will not be awarded to any member who starts an event but does not complete it. Similarly, an unfinished event will not qualify as a counting event.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first three overall placed women and men in the points table irrespective of age group. Prizes will also be awarded to the first three in each of the following age group categories, subject to members having completed the required minimum number of events:
Women: Senior (under 40); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 to 69; 70 and over.
Men: Senior (under 40); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 to 69; 70 to 79; 80 and over.
- Qualifying age will be a member’s age as at the date of the first event in the Hill Running GP in the year of competition.
- No member may receive more than one award in the Grand Prix series.
- Club vests must be worn in Grand Prix events otherwise no points will be awarded.
N.B. Although club vests must be worn, members should wear clothing (under or over their vests) appropriate to the conditions.
- Points will not be awarded to any member who runs a Grand Prix event with a dog.
- There will be an award made to every member who takes part in the minimum number of 8 counting events in the Grand Prix.
*Denotes SHR Championship Race
8 Race Finishes from 15 to be classed as a Completer